It's already August! It seems like just yesterday that I was smiling at the start of my birthday month. July came quickly and left suddenly though, and now I'm in my last days of summer. In exactly a month, I will be going to my first class of the semester! Although there are so many things that I am looking forward to this upcoming school year, there are still some things I still want to hold on to this summer. Or at the very least, get around to doing before it's all said and done. So here's a little list of things that I hope to do in this last month of free time!
1. Go to a museum
I probably won't find myself back at the louvre in Paris this month, but I can at least take advantage of BOA's Free Admission weekends to museums. I get the notification at the beginning of each month to go, plan to go, and never do. It's time to make some moves!
2. Redeem groupons (Boston Duck Tour here I come!)
![]() |
| Courtesy of groupon.com :) |
3. Write a poem
It's been too long. I have had so many ideas and either forgot them or never followed through on them. I'm determined.
4. Call up a friend I haven't spoken to in a while
Any of these ladies would fit the bill. Yup, this is me and my crew about six years ago taking senior pics in high school. It would be cool to take a pic similarly arranged at this point in our lives to see how much we've changed!
5. Read, read, read!
| Courtesy of google images :) |
I've read a few of books this summer. I really enjoyed The Heart of a Woman by Maya Angelou and the Hunger Games Series. I still have a few that I want to get in, particularly in preparation for the work I'll be doing next year. So, next up: Trauma and Recovery by Judith Herman and Why Does He Do That by Lundy Bancroft
So, that's my list. How about you? What's on your to-do-list for the rest of the summer?


Even though we haven't spoken on the phone, I think we've communicated :-)
ReplyDeleteTrue indeed!
ReplyDelete