I made an open wish to the universe that I wanted to attend at least two weddings before I had my own to plan. I figure the more weddings I see, the better equipped I'd be with determining how I want mine to turn out. As someone who enjoys watching shows like Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings, I've certainly seen a good amount of weddings and dresses. However, the experiential aspect is obviously never there in my living room. Last week, I got my first taste of the real deal. I had the wonderful pleasure of being a bridesmaid in my good friend's wedding. Forget about simply attending, I was involved from the inside out! As you can imagine, I was thoroughly intrigued with the whole process. For a little background, my friend is Bosnian and her wedding had traditional Bosnian themes all through out.
To start the day off, the bridesmaids went to meet with the bride and prepare her for her day. It was fun to "dote" on her and take pictures. Isn't she gorgeous?
Can you guess who caught the bouquet? Yes, yours truly. :) Now, I don't know what that does for the fate of my own future wedding, but I'm hopeful :D Overall, I really enjoyed myself at the wedding. Aside from seeing one of my good friends make such an amazing commitment, I got to be an intimate part of the event. Additionally, I got to reconnect with some friends from college that I hadn't seen since graduation. It was definitely a welcomed departure from the normal weekend routine I was used to. My only wish is that the joy lasted longer than two days! Luckily, I actually have two more weddings to look forward to within the next 9 months!!!! I look forward to sharing those experiences with you all, too!
To start the day off, the bridesmaids went to meet with the bride and prepare her for her day. It was fun to "dote" on her and take pictures. Isn't she gorgeous?
After she was ready, the wedding party went to the limo to head to Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC to take pictures.
Despite it being FREEZING, we got some great pictures. This is a popular wedding location as there were three other wedding parties there throughout the time that we were. Unfortunately, I don't have too many pictures of all of us on my camera. :(
After, we drove back to the venue and got ready for the main event.
The night was filled with Bosnian traditional dancing (which I loved learning and doing!). There were also some commons American traditions like cutting the cake and catching the bouquet!
Can you guess who caught the bouquet? Yes, yours truly. :) Now, I don't know what that does for the fate of my own future wedding, but I'm hopeful :D Overall, I really enjoyed myself at the wedding. Aside from seeing one of my good friends make such an amazing commitment, I got to be an intimate part of the event. Additionally, I got to reconnect with some friends from college that I hadn't seen since graduation. It was definitely a welcomed departure from the normal weekend routine I was used to. My only wish is that the joy lasted longer than two days! Luckily, I actually have two more weddings to look forward to within the next 9 months!!!! I look forward to sharing those experiences with you all, too!
Comments
Post a Comment