![]() |
| [Courtesy of google images] |
I woke up to emergency text alerts from my school saying it was shut down and to stay indoors because one of the suspects are on the run. With the city on lock and nowhere to go, I've been watching television with my roommates as the news develops. All week, I've been watching and watching and finally felt that I needed to respond, in some way, to what I've been seeing. So I've been brought back to my blog.
One of the things that's kept me calm this week is the attention to the acts of goodness from the seconds after the bombs up until now. The fact that runners finished the race and ran to the hospital to donate blood forced that fear, that distrust of people that was creeping up in me, to subside and to feel at ease. Even now, watching the hundreds of law enforcement who are at the forefront of God knows what is a reminder of the privilege of protection that we have here in this country. Like Mr. Patton Oswalt so perfectly put, the good will always outweigh the bad. The hope of this being true is a comfort as I wait to see what unfolds next. Keep sending those prayers up for Boston. They're greatly appreciated. And of course, we're praying, too.

Comments
Post a Comment